Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SO FUNNY I FORGOT TO CRY




DO I HAVE TO CRY?

Giving yourself permission to laugh is as important as giving yourself permission to cry and grieve. That's because humor is an important defense mechanism; it can help people with cancer adjust to the stress of their illness and treatment. Being able to laugh can create a sense of power. By helping you adjust to the reality of your illness, it can give you a renewed sense of control over your life.
--cancer.net

http://www.cancer.net/patient/All+About+Cancer/Cancer.Net+Feature+Articles/Quality+of+Life/Coping+With+Cancer+Through+Humor

2 comments:

bint alshamsa said...

Hi there! I found your blog from an article on the New York Times where you mentioned it in the comments section. I've added you to my blog roll. I hope that's okay. If you're not okay with that, then I will promptly remove it. Just let me know. I'm always on the lookout for new blogs from other folks with cancer. Feel free to drop by my blog anytime and leave a comment.

Best wishes!

AMY said...

thanks very much Bint!
it's a wonderful world,
xxx
AMY